Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement Course for Climbers
A new course running in conjunction with The Wall 5th May
The aim of this series of classes is to help climbers understand muscular imbalances they may have and to learn how to correct them to improve climbing performance and reduce injury. See our blog about on this topic
The class is led by Physical Therapist and climber Karen Doyle. It’s open to climbers of all grades.
It will start with a 1:1 assessment using tests that assess your body’s movement and identify weakness in exercises which are applicable to the body positions required in climbing. You will be emailed the results of this along with photos so you can understand the assessment findings and areas for improvement
A four week group class will then go through exercises to correct muscle imbalances and at the end the class each participant will be emailed a handout of the exercises they can continue to do supported with videos.
The class will focus on:
- Correct shoulder movement and strengthening of shoulder antagonists
- Developing core strength – deep core stability, abdominal, gluteal, hamstrings, lower back
- Addressing balance and leg strength and stability
- Working on balancing forearm strength to protect the elbows and wrist
- Location: The Wall, 5 Arkle Rd, Sandyford, Dublin 18
- 1:1 30 minute assessments will be held at the The Wall from 7pm 28th of April. Slots must be pre-booked with Karen. They can also be done in the clinic before 5th of May if Thurs 28th doesn’t suit.
- Classes: 7-8pm at The Wall commencing 5th May.
- Cost: €80 for the 4 classes including assessment. Use button below to buy tickets
- Class size: Max 8 participants
- No equipment needed, wear loose clothing. All equipment and mats etc will be provided.
If you have any questions please contact Karen on 01-5441225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org