Update – COVID-19
Sport and deep tissue massage will be available from the 29th of June. Each appointment is 45min in length from start to finish with sanitary measures taken to reduce the risk of transmission.
Do not attend for an appointment if:
- you have a cold, fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- have tested positive for Covid-19 or a re awaiting a test for Covid-19
- have been advised to self-isolate or quarantine (e.g. after travel abroad)
- if you are a close contact of someone with Covid-19.
HOW THE APPOINTMENT WILL WORK:
- Contact the clinic to book an appointment or book online
- When you arrive for your appointment please phone the clinic or ring the doorbell to let us know you have arrived
- The therapist will meet you at the door. Hand sanitiser will be available to clean hands. Gloves and face mask (if you don’t have your own) will be provided.
- The clinic will be sanitised after each appointment.
For over 10 years we have been working with national and international athletes including runners, iron men, cyclists, martial arts and more.
We work with you to tailor the sports massage to suit your sports training and competition requirements…. whether it is to loosen out tight or stiff areas, improve flexibility, or assist recovery.
As the massage is given by Physical Therapists we can keep an eye out for areas of potential injury and advise you on preventative measures to take.
Appointments are 45mins in length including time to take details and dress. For more information regarding timing of a sports massage within your training schedule see our FAQs
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Our deep tissue massage is a firm massage that works into areas of tension or pain. It is not a “relaxation” type massage but is suitable for those looking for relief from muscle and joint pain such as in the back, neck or shoulder.
It is very popular with those suffering from pain and tightness such as from work, stress, or arthritis, and for maintenance of long standing joint pain. We also recognise not everyone wants to follow an exercise programme, but as we are Physical Therapists we can provide exercises or postural advice that can help with longer term pain relief if you wish.
If you are suffering from acute pain we will perform a short assessment to understand the cause of the pain and to ensure that we do no harm when performing the massage.
Appointments are 45 mins in length including time to take details and dress.
I attended Karen weekly in the run up to my last marathon and Karen was very effective in ensuring my body was able to recover quickly from my long runs. I have no hesitation recommending the Maple Clinic – Matt
“I just wanted to let you know that I completed my ‘big’ cycle, Le Marmotte last week-end…without any aches or pains and I actually enjoyed the (long!) day. Thank you; it made a big difference.” – Deirdre